Thursday, June 14, 2007

Flowers That Wish




When you see a wishing flower
It is going to making a wish.
A wish of peace

Pretty
like a rose and a poppy
are so cute.

Sometimes you can sneeze!
But I will always love my wishing flowers.

Last time I saw them it was a million of them.
I Love Flowers!
It is white and fluffy like a star.
When the wind blows!

Sometimes they grow in parks.
You could always spot them.
Sometimes when you put your hand in back
You can still see it.

When you pick it up
The wind will blow it a part.

Flowers!

Jayleen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

DEAR JAYLEEN I LIKED YOUR ROSE BECAUSE I LIKED HOW IT SMELLS GOOD.I LOVED HOW IT LOOKED SHINY WITH THE RAPPER AND THE ROSE LOOKED NICE

Katie DelaVaughn said...

Dear Jayleen, Your peace poem brings me peace. It took me to a magic place where I was able to make a lot of wishes. It reminded me of all the times I picked up flowers and made wishes with them. However, I never thought to write a poem about it. You are so smart. You helped me, the reader, make a personal connection to your text. That is what good writers help readers do. Excellent work! I was able to really create a lot of pictures in my head from your writing. Your dad is going to love your poem. I think you should always help in the garden. I love to garden with my dad too.