Thursday, June 14, 2007

The NYC Blackout





The NYC Blackout was scary but fun.
I skated with my sister.
"It was in 2003."
We went to buy some juices, chips, water, and sandwiches.

It gave me peace because it makes me remember my family.
There was no noise.
We couldn't watch T.V. or turn on the light.
I was 6 years old when the blackout started.

Have you ever seen a blackout before?
The blackout was fun.
We used candlelight rings.
It was fun because we get to say outside
All night.

Joanne

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

DEAR JOANNE,NICE STORY

Anonymous said...

Joanne, I have never been in a blackout before. It sounds like a lot of fun. You must be really lucky.
Have you ever tried to not watch TV even when there isn't a black out? Try it. It's fun!

Anonymous said...

dearj
oen.

yourfunny

Katie DelaVaughn said...

Dear Joanne,

You did a beautiful job. I love how much time you took to draw your picture. The colors look very beautiful. You wrote your poem with great handwriting too. Did you know the magenta color you used for your shirt is one of Ms. Katie's favorite colors? :) I love to roller skate too! I really like how the blackout brought you peace. I think you really taught others to value family time with no distractions. A lot of cultures that we studied this year live without electricity and they have a blackout everynight. It is very busy in NYC and I am so happy that enjoyed the peaceful blackout. Great work!

Unknown said...

Joanne: I agree we should have more blackouts! I love it when everything is still- even if its just for a little bit of time. Maybe everyone should have a peaceful blackout once a day. I'm going to start today!
Melissa

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.